This policy (together with our terms and conditions of use as set out at LearnyKids’s (Mon Monde à Moi EURL) Terms and Conditions page applies when you use our website learnykids.fr (the “Website”) or visit a site that uses our advertising technology. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. We follow the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR), the data controller is Mon Monde à Moi EURL (trading as learnyKids), Siret 51376566900041, based 465 Chemin du Riou, 0671 Chateauneuf de Grasse, France.
DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We may collect, use, store and transfer personal data including:
1. Information you give us by filling out forms on the Website or by email, phone or otherwise communications. This includes information you provide when you register to use the Website, place an order on our Website, provide us with details required for a particular product, participate in discussion boards or other social media on our Website and pages, enter a competition or survey and when you report a problem with our Website. The information you give us may include your name, billing address, delivery address, email address, phone number, age, date of birth, gender, photograph, username, password and other registration information, as well as the product recipient’s name, date of birth, age, gender and address. Each piece of information you give us may be used independently or in conjunction with other information you provide to us.
It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
2. Information collected about you and your device
The following information is collected automatically each time you visit the Website:
2.1- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
2.2- information about your visit: products you viewed, searched for or purchased; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information, and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
2.3- we may also collect information about your location, such as the IP Address of the device you access our Website from.
3. Information collected about you via advertising
When you view or otherwise interact with our ads placed on third parties such as Facebook, and YouTube, we and our partners may use various technologies (such as cookies) to collect and store information about you including cookie data & anonymised IDs for attribution & advertising purposes. We use these technologies to help us understand more about our customers and the effectiveness of our adverts.
4. Information received from other sources and third-party links:
This Website may include links to third-party websites, applications or plug-ins and may receive information about you from them. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
5. Marketing and Communications:
Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
6. Financial information
We do not collect your financial information. This is collected and stored by third-party payment partners.
IF YOU FAIL TO PROVIDE PERSONAL DATA
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, where you do not provide suitable delivery instructions to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
HOW YOUR PERSONAL DATA IS COLLECTED
We use different methods to collect data from and about you/
1- Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact, Technical and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you apply to our products or services, create an account on our website, use the chat function, subscribe to our products or services, request marketing information, make a phone or video call, enter a competition, promotion or survey. This also may include your interaction on social media and comments on blog posts.
3- Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties.
HOW YOUR PERSONAL DATA IS USED
Data collected may be used to help us provide you with our products and services, allow you to participate in interactive features on the website when you choose to do so, conduct promotions or competitions, products or services you have requested, notification about changes of our T&Cs or change in our products and services, and website administration and management of internal operations, data analysis, testing, research, measurement of the effectiveness of our advertising with the objective to serve our customers the best we can.
MARKETING & OPTING OUT
You are provided with the choice with regards to personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising.
Where you have not previously bought from us but have registered your details with us (for example by entering a competition or signing up for a newsletter), we will only send you marketing communications if you opted in to receiving marketing at the time and so given us your express consent. However, if you receive a service from us, we will still need to send occasion service-related messages.
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes. We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
You have the option to unsubscribe from our e-mails through a link at the bottom of every e-mail we send to you. If you personally want to update the details that you have registered with us, or would like to amend your subscription preferences or unsubscribe altogether, you can do this in the “My Account” section of our Site.
You have the option to unsubscribe from online push notifications through disallowing notifications in your browser.
WHERE YOUR DATA IS STORED
All data you provide to us is stored on our secure servers in the EU. Where necessary and for a purpose you have consented to, data may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services.
We will only transfer your personal data to third parties in territories outside the EEA where such transfer is compliant with applicable laws and regulations. For your information, this includes circumstances where;
Your data is kept only for the time necessary to provide the service or product you request, or to fulfil the purpose outlined in this policy.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. For example, details of your orders will be kept for as long as we need to retain that data to comply with our legal and regulatory requirements. This is generally 7 years unless the law prescribes a longer period.
In some circumstances, we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under GDPR in relation to your personal data. You have the right to;
1. Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
2. Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
4. Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object to where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
5. Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios;
a. if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy;
b. where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it;
c. where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
d. you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
6. Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
7. Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent.
8. You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
9. We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
10. We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
You can also exercise your rights at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after a maximum of twelve months.
INFORMATION ABOUT THIS POLICY OR TO EXERCISE YOUR RIGHTS
Latest update: 22 April 2022